The IEC College Counselor is responsible for administering all aspects of the college search and admissions process, including the following:
- Educating students and parents about colleges, the college admissions process, trends, procedures, and testing; advising and supporting classes of sophomores, juniors and seniors and families as they go through the process; and helping students and families aspire realistically and choose wisely.
- Meeting with sophomores, juniors and seniors, individually and in groups, to talk about process and individual college choices. The College Counselor also works with students to understand abroad college admissions.
- Meeting with all college admissions representatives who visit IEC campus and facilitating meetings between college representatives and our students. The College Counselor also serves as a liaison with College admissions offices throughout the year.
- Maintaining records on seniors, including GPA’s, transcripts, and recommendation letters and college admissions.
- Keeping track of admission decisions, statistics, and making a report to the administration and the public relations department.
- Being aware of issues and trends in college admission, higher education and testing.
- Maintaining and disseminating information about standardized tests such as AP, SAT, ACT, PSAT, IELTS and TOEFL.
Based on our commitment to improve the academic level of our students and for the sake of developing their knowledge and skills to receive the best academic results, the Islamic Educational College schools has organized the Academic Support Program for grades (6-11) students who would like to improve their results in Arabic, Mathematics or English.
The program has started in the scholastic year 2021-2022 based on planning, implementation and ongoing assessment under the supervision of the school administration and the supervision Department; also on communication with parents to achieve the program’s objectives.
IN THIS SECTION